Thursday, May 07, 2015

The 2015 cruise starts here.

Friday 1st May

This morning I had to do an airport fetch from Gatwick, Matt and Alice were returning from their honeymoon. Once back to Thame, we loaded the car and set of for Bourne End to finally loose Jannock from here mooring. A very late start this year but we should still make it to our first destination, Husbands Bosworth, in time for the Home Brew Beer Festival in June.Sharing the locks with a works outing.

As we were prepping for the off, a solo boat ascended through lock 59 and so we asked if we could share with them. They were going to Berko and so that suited us. It appeared to be a works outing. The boss wanted to move his boat up to Berkhamstead for a wedding at the weekend and so he closed the business for the day and the staff had a day out helping move the boat. The management even provided the beer and food – result! I wish I had a boss like that.

We shared with them up, to Raven’s Lane lock where we pulled over to moor for the night – a perfect mooring exactly half way between the fish and chip shop and the Rising Sun. They continued through the next lock to moor near Waitrose. I had Best fish and chips I've ever had.promised Brenda a fish and chip supper as she has never tried those from the Berkhamstead Fish Bar which is located at the railway station. Debbi from nb Tiami popped in on her way to the Riser and so I went to join her  and Simon for a swift pint whilst Brenda remained aboard the boat, she was still getting over her lurgi and not feeling up to being social. I then went and fetched our Rock Salmon and chips before returning to Jannock. As per MY previous visit, the quality of the fish and chips was superb. I do believe this is the best supplier for F&C that I’ve ever found.

I then spent the rest of the evening trying to top up my 3 data SIM without success. Hence the lateness of these posts. The ‘Verified by Visa’ part of the process always fails if you try to top up over the mobile networks. Never had a problem on the home broadband though. I retired to bed weary after my first session of locking and cycling for 2015.

Graham

No comments: